Frequently Asked Questions
1. What GPA do I need to receive a STEAM stipend?
Generally a 3.0 is required
2. Do I have to be a full-time student?
Yes, you must be registered for at least 12 credits.
3. Do I have to major in science?
You can major in any STEM discipline. At CSI, the STEM disciplines are represented by the following majors: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics
4. Can I minor in one of those disciplines?
Sorry. Only majoring in one of the STEM disciplines qualifies.
5. Can I apply again for the next year if I am already a STEAM stipend recipient?
6. I am neither a citizen nor a permanent resident. Can I receive a STEAM stipend?
All students are welcome to participate in STEAM sponsored events. Only US citizens or permanent residents are eligible to receive a financial stipend. We are actively seeking other sources of funding.
7. Am I only eligible to apply as a Freshman?
No, you can apply at any point in your academic career - however Freshmen and Sophomores are given priority for regular scholarships. Upper level students can also apply for summer research stipends.