CUNY now provides free access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes.com smartphone apps*.
To Get Started:
- Go to nytimes.com/passes.
- Click on “Register” to create a NYTimes.com account using your school email address.
- At the bottom of the Welcome page, click “Continue.”
- If your email address is from an eligible school, you will then see “Check your email.” Look for our message, Confirm Your Email Address, which should arrive within 15 minutes.
- Click on the link in our confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for your campus designated period.
- If you don’t get our confirmation email, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Academic Pass includes access to The New York Times via the NYTimes smartphone apps. To download your smartphone app, visit: nytimes.com/mobile.
Once you have registered and selected your Academic Pass, you can then access nytimes.com from anywhere at any time during the life of that pass from most web capable devices*.
If you wish to subscribe to a CUNY academic pass and you already have a subscription (or have registered) with NYTimes Digital and you used your CUNY email on that subscription, you should change the email address on that subscription (to any email address that does not have a CUNY domain) and then use your CUNY email to get the academic pass. If you are having problems, see the NY Times Academic Pass Troubleshooting Guide.
*Does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited. You must have a valid email address from a participating school. Other restrictions may apply.