If a book that you need is unavailable at the College of Staten Island Library, you may be able to request it from another CUNY library. The CUNY Library Inter-Campus Services (CLICS) will deliver your requested book to the CSI Library and notify you when it is availabile.
How it works:
If a book that you search for is not available at the College of Staten Library, then follow these instructions:
- Access this CUNY+ Union Catalog to search all CUNY libraries (instead of solely the Staten Island collection).
- Enter your search term(s) into the text field(s). Click on the “Search” button to perform the search.
- On the subsequent results screen, identify the book that you seek. In the Holdings
column, click on the name of the college owning that book.
- If the Item Status is listed as Regular Loan, then you can request it by clicking
on Request a Copy.
- On the next screen enter your barcode number in both the barcode and password fields.
- The next screen confirms that the book will be delivered to the College of Staten Island Library.
Click on the Go button to finalize your request.
- A confirmation page will appear, verifying your request. You will receive an e-mail notification
when the book is available for you to check out at the CSI Library Circulation Desk.