Materials not available at the CSI Library nor any other CUNY libraries may be requested through interlibrary loan (ILL). ILL services are provided to current CSI faculty, staff, and students only, usually without any costs from participating institutions. Occasionally, there may be a fee from non-participating institutions that charge for ILL services. When submitting your request please select if you are willing to pay for the items or you would only like the item if it is available free to you.
Create an Interlibrary Loan Account
To request an item through interlibrary loan, you must first register for an interlibrary loan account.
Registration has four purposes:
- Entering your personal information into the ILL system means you will not have to supply the information again when making future requests.
- Having your CSI e-mail and regular mail addresses on file with Interlibrary Loan enables us to notify you promptly and deliver materials accurately when your request arrives in the library.
- By specifying a Username and Password of your choosing, you will have secure access to information about your requests.
- You will also be able to review the list of items you have requested in the past.
To Request Books
- Use WorldCat to find books, theses, and media in Libraries worldwide. Use ILL to request materials unavailable in CUNY+.
- In WorldCat CUNY College of Staten Island indicates that CSI has a copy of an item
- In WorldCat CUNY indicates that a copy is available from another CUNY library. Request through CUNY+
- Use from WorldCat to request an item from a non-CUNY library through ILL
- Include ISBN for fastest ILL delivery
To Request Articles
- From any database, use for online, print, and ILL options
- Use the Journal Search to find out if a journal is available at CSI. If volume and issue needed is available, do not request article via ILL
- If a journal is unavailable at CSI, request article via ILL
- If a CSI journal is missing, request via ILL with note
- Request book chapters or sections via ILL
- Articles and book chapters are delivered in PDF format
Still Have Questions?
Additional questions about interlibrary loan may be answered by the ILL FAQ. For further information, contact: