Certain serial publications, particularly back issues of old newspapers and periodicals, can be found on microfilm. Most Microfilm and microfiche are located off-site, in building 2M*. If the library catalog indicates that the item you want is available on microfilm, use the following form to request the item to be retrieved from storage. Printing of microfilm materials is free but materials can only be printed one page at a time.
Students, faculty, and staff of the College of Staten Island can request microfilm and microfiche from the library’s collection. Items requested before 3:30pm should be available the following business day at noon. The service is not available on weekends and holidays. You will receive an email when the item is available for pickup. Items will be held at the Circulation/Reserve desk for 72 hours after notification.
*The following microfilm items are located within the library, in the outer area of room 214. They can be retrieved by patrons and viewed next door in the Library’s Document Center (Room 215).
- NYTIME: Sept 1851-Oct 15, 2007
- Staten island advance Aug 1945 through March 8, 2014
- Wall st. Journal: July 1989 through Dec 2007
- Washington Post: Jan 1980 through Dec 2001
- Christian Science Monitor: Nov 1908 through Oct 1999
- USA TOday: Jan 1993 through Dec 1995
- Japanese Times: March 1887 through Dec 1970