The Library now offers Apple iPad tablets that currently enrolled College of Staten Island students may borrow. Several iPads are available for 3-day loan, and several are available for 4-hour loan. There will be a 15 minute check-in and a 15 minute check-out delay so plan accordingly and have the iPad back on time to avoid fines. iPads can be checked out from the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of the library.
iPads are pre-loaded with the following apps:
- Google Earth
- Google Translate
- Kahn Academy
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- NY Times
(Users are welcome to download apps with their own iTunes account, but these apps will automatically be removed from the device when it is checked back in.)
- iPads must be checked out in person.
- No reservations will be taken.
- Borrowers must have a valid CSI ID card.
- iPads can be checked for for a 3 day or a 4 hour period, based on availability.
- iPads must be returned 15 minutes before closing.
- Computer competency and self-reliance are required.
- iPads must be returned in the same condition as when it went out.
- Users assumes all responsibility and will be liable for any damage to iPad while checked out in your name.
Please note: iPads are wiped/cleared off when they are returned. Please make sure you save your work to a cloud account or email it to yourself before returning the iPad. Once the iPad is re-docked for charging no documents or files can be recovered from the device.
$40.00 per hour
$10.00 per quarter-hour
No maximum fine
If a borrowed item (i.e. book, calculator, laptop or iPad) is damaged or lost, the borrower will be held responsible for the repair or replacement cost of the damage or full cost of the lost item. If an iPad is returned with a cracked screen, the borrower is subject to a $49 screen repair fee. If fees are not paid for damaged or lost item, registration will be blocked and transcripts will not be released. Library privileges will also be suspended at all CUNY campuses.
Fall / Spring Semester
Monday-Sunday 9:00am – 9:30pm
Summer and Intersession
Monday-Friday 9:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday-Sunday 9:00am – 6:00pm