Currently enrolled College of Staten Island students may borrow a laptop computer for use in the library for a period of four hours. There will be a 15 minute check-in and a 15 minute check-out delay so plan accordingly and have the laptop back on time to avoid fines. Laptops can be borrowed from the Library Technology Support Center in room 109A on the 1st floor of the library.
- Laptops must be checked out in person.
- No reservations will be taken.
- Borrowers must have a valid CSI ID card.
- Laptops may be checked out for a four hour period.
- Laptops must be returned 15 minutes before closing.
- Computer competency and self-reliance are required.
- Users who wish to save their work must do so using their own USB flash drive. No documents can be saved on the laptop.
- Laptop must be returned in the same condition as when it went out.
- Users assumes all responsibility and will be liable for any damage to laptop while checked out in your name.
- $40.00 per hour
- $10.00 per quarter-hour
- No maximum fine
If a borrowed item (i.e. book, calculator, laptop or iPad) is damaged or lost, the borrower will be held responsible for the repair or replacement cost of the damage or full cost of the lost item. If fees are not paid for damaged or lost item, registration will be blocked and transcripts will not be released. Library privileges will also be suspended at all CUNY campuses.
Fall / Spring Semester
- Monday-Sunday 9:00am – 9:30pm
Summer and Intersession
- Monday-Friday 9:00am – 9:30pm
- Saturday-Sunday 9:00am – 6:00pm