STUDENT EVENTS AND NEWS
LINKS, TOOLS AND
Phi Alpha Theta | ΦΑΘ
M.A. IN HISTORY
The department has a large faculty with a varied background. All of its members are ready to help you study history but if you are especially interested in a particular kind of history it might help you to know what members of the department share your interests. Once you have developed an interest in a special field you may want to do an independent study project of your own devising with an interested department member (usually one with whom you've taken a previous course).
- Zara Anishanslin, Assistant Professor
- Early American, Transatlantic History, American Studies.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 1-2pm, 4.30-6pm & by appointment.
- Frederick M. Binder, Professor Emeritus
- Early National U.S., History of Education, U.S. Social and Intellectual.
- Luther P. Carpenter, Professor Emeritus
- 20th-Century History (European & American), Historical Method.
- Sandi E. Cooper, Professor (email@example.com)
- Modern Europe, International History, Peace and Women's Movements, World History.
- Serving on University Faculty Senate, 2010-2012.
- John Dixon, Assistant Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Colonial America, Transatlantic History, American Studies.
- Office Hours, F 2011: Th 4-6pm.
- Marcela Echeverri, Assistant Professor (email@example.com)
- Latin American and Caribbean History, The Atlantic World.
- On Leave 2011-2012.
- Sandra Gambetti, Associate Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hellenistic History; Ancient Judaism; Alexandria, Egypt.
- Office Hours, F 2011: T 4.30-6pm, Sa 1.25-2.30pm.
- Michael Greenberg, Professor Emeritus
- U.S. Colonial, Economic History, 20th-Century.
- Samira Haj, Professor and Coordinator of the History Master's Program (email@example.com)
- Middle East, Post-Colonialism, Women's History, Islamic Studies
- Office Hours, F 2011: T & W 2.30-3.30.
- Calvin B. Holder, Professor and Director of the African American Studies Program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Afro-American, 20th-Century U.S.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 12.20-1.20p, W 12.20-1.20p, Th 10-12.05.
- Eric Ivison, Associate Professor and Director of the SLS Program (email@example.com)
- Medieval Europe, Byzantium, Historical Archæology.
- Office Hours, F 2011: T & Th 10-12.05pm.
- Catherine Lavender, Associate Professor and Director of the American Studies Program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Women's History, U.S. West, Cultural History, American Studies.
- Office Hours, F 2011: Not teaching; advising available by appointment.
- Mark Lewis, Assistant Professor (email@example.com)
- Modern European, German History, International Organizations and Human Rights.
- Office Hours, F 2011: T & Th 12.15-1.15pm.
- Richard Lufrano, Associate Professor and Director of the Modern China Studies Program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Modern Chinese History, Social and Economic History, Asian History.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M & W 2.30-3.30.
- Emmanuel Mbah, Assistant Professor (email@example.com)
- African History.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 9.10-10.10a & 5.30-6.30p, W 5.30-6.30p.
- Ben Mercer, Assistant Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Modern Europe.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 12-2p.
- Richard G. Powers, Professor (email@example.com)
- American Studies, Popular Culture
- Office Hours, F 2011: T 11.15-12.05p & 6-6.30p,Th 1.15-3.55p.
- Phyllis Roberts, Professor Emerita
- Medieval Europe.
- Jonathan Sassi, Associate Professor and Chair of the History Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Revolutionary America and the Early Republic, History of American Religion, American Studies.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 3:00-5:00.
- Susan Smith-Peter, Associate Professor (email@example.com)
- Russia, Eastern and Central Europe, Women's History (CV).
- Office Hours, F 2011: T & W 5.30-6.30p.
- David Traboulay, Professor and Director of the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Medieval History, Latin America, India.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 2-4.20p & 6-6.30p, W 2-4p.
- Howard Weiner, Associate Professor (email@example.com)
- Urban Studies, Italian History, Modern U.S., Ethnic History.
- Office Hours, F 2011: M 2.30-4.30, W 2.30-3.30p.
- John Wing, Assistant Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Environmental History, Early Modern Spain.
- Office Hours, F 2011: T 5-6p & by appointment.