Faculty may request that required reading for their courses be placed on reserve. Reserve materials are circulated for two-hour loan and restricted to in-library use to better ensure student access. Faculty members may place items on reserve by completing the form below. Questions about placing items on reserve should be directed to the library Circulation Desk at 718.982.4011.
Course Reserve Policies
Before placing your request, please note the following policies.
- Please fill out the Reserve Request Form for both titles owned by CSI that require transfer from our stacks to the Reserve Collection and for titles you wish for the Library purchase.
- Check the library catalog to determine whether the library owns the item needed for your course. If the library does not own the item, please contact your department liaison to request that the library purchase it.
- All reserve requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester to ensure their availability by the first day of classes. Requests received after this time will be processed as workflow permits on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Items will be kept on reserve for the current semester only. A new request must be placed for each semester an item needs to be reserved.
- Personal copies of materials may be placed on reserve in-person at the Circulation Desk. Scanned articles and other electronic documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org after filling out the Course Reserve Request Form.