Organizations & Historical Research Sites
The 178th New York Volunteer Infantry in the U.S. Civil War
• City Hall Library
• Municipal Archives
• The Museum of the City of New York
• New-York Historical Society
• New York History Net
• Guide to Researching Historic Buildings in NYC (City of New York)
• Staten Island Historical Society
• Staten Island in Vintage Postcards (NYPL)
• Staten Island Institute of Arts & Sciences / Staten Island Museum
Newspaper & Publication Indexes
Staten Island Resources
• Tottenville Historical society
• CSI-SIP Project (CSI-Staten Island Project)
• Fresh Kills: Landfill to Landscape
• InfoShare (Area Statistics - CSI-Affiliated Users Only)
• NYCdata (Baruch College/CUNY)
• Staten Island on the Web(NYPL)
• U.S. Census Bureau: Quick Facts on Richmond County
• The American Memory Project (Library of Congress)
American Memory is a gateway to the Library of Congress’s vast resources of digitized American historical materials comprising more than 9 million items.
• Finding New York City Documents (Columbia University)
This is a selective guide to resources at Columbia University Libraries and on the Internet, for locating the official publications and documents of New York City and its agencies.
The Making of America is a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. It is a joint project of Cornell University and the University of Michigan. At this time, it appears that the contributions to the project from each university must be searched separately.
This catalog provides access to nearly 700,000 catalog records available in the Research Libraries Group (RLG) Union Catalog describing archival and manuscript collections and items in research libraries, museums, state archives, and historical societies located throughout North America and around the world.
• New York City Repository Guide (NYART)
This is a directory of repositories in the New York City area. It includes contact information, holdings information and a subject index to help locate materials.
• New York State Newspaper Project (NYS Library)
This site has an index of the New York State newspapers available on microfilm. It includes information on where the film can be accessed for research purposes.
College of Staten Island, CUNY